Flag Football Official Rules
- At the start of each game, captains from both teams shall meet at midfield for the coin toss to determine who shall start with the ball. The visiting team shall call the toss.
- The winner of the coin toss has the choice of offense or defense. The loser of the coin toss has the choice of direction. Teams may not choose to defer to the second half.
- The offensive team takes possession of the ball at its 5-yard line and has four (4) plays to cross midfield. Once a team crosses midfield, they have four (4) plays to score a touchdown.
- 6-7 and 8-9 year olds will have 4 plays to get a first down or touchdown
- 10-11, 12-13, and 14-16 year olds will have 3 downs to get a first down or touchdown.
- If the offense fails to score, the ball changes possession and the new offensive team starts its drive on its own 5-yard line.
- If the offensive team fails to cross midfield, possession of the ball changes and the opposition starts its drive from its own 5-yard line.
- All possession changes, except interceptions, start on the offense’s 5-yard line.
- Teams change sides after the first half. Possession changes to the team that started the game on defense.
- The flag football season will be 10 weeks long.
- The first week will be an NFL Combine week where the kids get to participate in different drills and activities to see what positions they like to play.
- Once the process is over the players will be distributed evenly to all the teams so every team has similar skills and the same number of players.
- The 2nd 3rd, and 4th week will be practices will your designated team.
- Teams can scrimmage the 4th week if they would like to get used to playing in a game before the actual games start
- Weeks 5-9 will be the regular season games
- Week 10 will be playoffs
- Week 11* will be an all-star game if enough players are interested
Flag Football Field Rules
[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”242″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center” onclick=”custom_link” link=”https://poconoeliteflagfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/NFL-FLAG-Regular-Season-Rule-Enforcement.pdf”][vc_single_image image=”243″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center” onclick=”custom_link” link=”https://poconoeliteflagfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/NFL-FLAG-Regular-Season-Rule-Enforcement.pdf”][/vc_column][/vc_row]